Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Working closely with different engineering disciplines to understand automation requirements, map processes and workflows
- Designing automated and custom software solutions to meet automation needs of multiple engineering disciplines
- Working closely with a broader software and data-focused team to deliver integrated and interoperable solutions focused on user needs and software development best practices
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or Computer Science Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Strong interest in engineering applications of software development and automation
- Interested and curious about the built environment
- Research oriented, critical thinker
- Strong in object-oriented design principles
- Experience using 3rd party APIs, frameworks and development kits
- Development and support of relational databases (SQL) and/or NoSQL technologies
- Familiarity with Revit, Dynamo, or other visual programming tools
- Familiarity with principles of process or workflow mapping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Strong in Python
- Experience working in a development team environment using collaboration tools such as Atlassian
- Knowledge of statistics and data science
- Experience and knowledge in GIS, Spatial and 3D data
- Experience building web applications: web maps, websites, data visualization
- UX/UI research, design methods, and Design System integration.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git or SVN
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.