About the role
As the industry’s leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees impact a rich ecosystem by developing CPUs, graphics processors, sophisticated system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 100 billion groundbreaking Arm-powered processors. We are looking for highly hard-working interns to join Arm Architecture and Technology Group (ATG). This group is at the very heart of Arm and its ecosystem. The group crafts the technology of tomorrow by defining the architecture of Arm based systems.
In this role as an intern, you will be able to work closely with our dedicated and experienced architects and engineers in the Arm SystemReady program. You will help develop the ecosystem that makes software work on Arm-based devices across the market, from datacenter servers to embedded IoT devices. You will gain knowledge and address challenges and have opportunities to work on all aspects of system architecture, including definitions, compliance testing and certifications.
The location will either be in our San Jose, CA or Austin, TX office.
At Arm, we empower our dedicated individuals to work together as a team to push the boundaries of what is possible!
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program, on track to earn a degree in computer or electrical engineering or computer science, or a related field.
Essential skills include
A successful candidate must have:
- Programming languages: C, Rust, python or Perl
- Familiar with Linux
- Knowledgeable about computer architecture
- Experience with Git version control and code-sharing websites like GitHub/GitLab.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, & analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work in a team
Desirable skills and experience
In addition, the following skills are helpful:
- Familiar with Coreboot, LinuxBoot and UEFI ABI
- Operating system design
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape the extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you commitment to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner/customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity/innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Teamwork/communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact/influence – You listen to different ideas, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team/personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.