Program Summary: APS prides itself in creating an outstanding internship experience for the 50+ interns that join us in business units across the organization each summer. Beginning in May, interns work full-time for 12 weeks and receive competitive pay. In addition to providing meaningful and challenging projects that expand technical skills, the program enhances professional development and fosters a sense of community through: assigned mentors, volunteer projects, organized social events, an executive speaker series, and soft skill workshops focusing on strengths and behavioral styles.
“APS takes the traditional role of intern and transforms it into an experience of personal and professional development. Between the challenging projects in my department and the networking events, there was never a dull moment!” – Former Summer Intern
“I tell everyone who will listen how much I enjoy the work I’m doing, the team I’m working with and the company I’m working for. I’m so grateful to have had this opportunity.” – Former Summer Intern
Strategic Procurement/Procurement Operations
The APS Supply Chain Management intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and work on a diverse range of projects in Supply Chain Management to include contract management, inventory management, procurement operations and strategic sourcing.
Responsibilities are not limited to but may include the following:
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to understand and meet procurement requirements.
- Lead and manage strategic sourcing events in support of strategic and cost savings targets and initiatives.
- Support procurement operations by reviewing requisitions and placing purchase orders for various commodities in support of business requirements across the company.
- Perform data analysis related to items such as supplier spend/TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), market drivers and inventory management.
- Support Supply Chain Management 3P (Processes, Policies and Procedures) initiatives.
- Manages and supports projects that provide exposure and knowledge gain to all aspects of the company to include Fossil, Transmission and Distribution and Corporate organizations.
Stop by our table at the next career fair so we can learn more about you and what you’re looking for in a summer internship!
Minimum Requirements: Applicants should be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university degree program and show ongoing achievement in areas of study and training.
How to Apply: Apply through your college job board and APS.com. For more information on the intern experience and what it means to work at APS: visit APS.com/college, follow us on Facebook and check out the APS College Intern Experience: https://youtu.be/5Uzn71dwNUI