Development and Events Intern
American Heart Association
Heart’s Delight Wine Tasting & Auction
The American Heart Association’s annual benefit, Heart’s Delight Wine Tasting & Auction, is widely recognized as a premier destination event where master winemakers, culinary greats and our distinguished guests gather to play and bid in our Nation’s Capital. This distinctive event is a four-day celebration of exceptional food and wine and raises $1.5 million annually for the American Heart Association.
We are seeking a Development and Events Intern (remote) for the Spring 2022 semester.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are interested in learning about and gaining hands-on experience with a national nonprofit organization in various aspects of event management, fundraising, community outreach and customer service. Activities include
· Research and outreach to prospective in-kind donors
· Research and solicit for auction donations
· Develop media contact lists for the wine, food, and local media industries
· Assist in the preparation of the Heart’s Delight 4-day event in May 2022
The ideal candidate must:
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills
· Have an interest in event planning, fundraising, and/or nonprofits
· Be detail oriented
· Ability to work both independently and with a team
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Ability to use Microsoft Office programs preferred (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
There is a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship for academic credit.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Development Coordinator, Heart’s Delight
The American Heart Association