American Century Investments® is a leading global asset manager with over 60 years of experience helping investors achieve their financial goals. Serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors, we offer a wide range of investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
Privately controlled and independent, we focus solely on investment management. This empowers us to align our decisions with client expectations and concentrate on their long-term money management needs.
We are committed to providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset. Our expertise spans global growth equity, global value equity, disciplined equity, multi-asset strategies, global fixed income, alternatives and ETFs.
Our culture of winning behaviors exemplifies our dedication to clients every single day. Delivering investment results enables us to distribute over 40% of our dividends—or more than $1.5 billion since 2000—to the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a 550-person, non-profit biomedical research organization with a controlling interest in American Century Investments. Our dividend payments provide ongoing financial support for the Institute’s work of uncovering the causes, treatments and prevention of life-threatening diseases, like cancer.
Headquartered in Kansas City, MO, we also have offices located in New York; London; Hong Kong;
Sydney; El Segundo, CA (Los Angeles area); and Mountain View, CA (Silicon Valley).
For more information, please visit americancentury.com.
Are you seeking an opportunity to gain experience in investment operations, client service and project management with a reputable firm in KC?
As an intern you will learn about American Century Investments through an initial formal training program and continual training and coaching throughout the program. Interns will then apply that knowledge to significant opportunities and projects.
In this internship, you will…
- Gain real-world experience as valuable team member working on launches and transactions
- Interact and gain exposure to multiple teams and departments within American Century
- Contribute to key department projects
- Gain knowledge regarding trade settlement, market holiday impacts and market nuances
Here are some attributes that we are looking for in our next intern:
- Model the American Century Investments Winning Behaviors- Client Focused, Courageous and Accountable, Collaborative, Curious and Adaptable, Competitive Drive
- Passion to learn about capital markets, market participants, investment vehicles and investment operations
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, keen eye for detail, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet timeline expectations
- Should have good excellent communication skills and be confident communicating with individual across the organization, including different levels
- Ability to collect, evaluate and interpret data, in both statistical and narrative form
- Strong attention to detail and experience in research or analysis
- Be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and partner with different teams
- Sophisticated MS Excel skills a plus
- A current Sophomore, Junior or Senior Undergraduate student, including students enrolled in accelerated Masters programs, who are currently enrolled fulltime in Finance or Management Information Systems.
Here’s Why You Should Choose ACI:
- Our interns receive competitive pay, as well as 401k eligibility for contributions
- Mentor Program: a designated mentor will be assigned to you during your time with us to provide career coaching and mentorship
- Housing assistance for any interns that join us with a permanent residence outside of the Kansas City Metro Area
- Access to Business Resource Groups that you can ally and participate in (Diversity, Women in Finance, LGBTQ+, Emerging Professionals, Veterans)
- Casual dress code
- A robust social and philanthropic calendar of events hosted just for interns!
- To ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees, clients, and visitors, American Century Investments currently requires all U.S. based new hires to have submitted proof of having received the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to the position start date unless they have obtained a reasonable accommodation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.
American Century Investment Services, Inc., Distributor.
©2019 American Century Proprietary Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.