Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 or more consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2022. Amazon Robotics internship opportunities are based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Process Engineer Intern will be responsible for delivering and supporting operations and production projects by partnering with the Technical Operations Engineering and the Manufacturing Engineering team along with other cross-functional team members.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
· Manufacturing process optimization projects involving data collection, cycle time studies, root-cause / problem-solving initiatives, and creation of training modules.
· Create business process models using best practice techniques, including current and future state solution design documents using requirements gathered.
· Gather, analyze and document functional / technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users.
· Research production system issues, resolve user problems and escalate when necessary (Manufacturing Engineering Support).
· Conduct periodic project updates and review sessions with cross-functional team members.
· Support supplier improvement initiatives
· Document Manufacturing / Tech OPs-specific process and project activities that support our content and knowledge management initiatives.
· Participate in Lean Initiatives including but not limited to 5S performance auditing, Kaizen Event sessions
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, detail-oriented and analytic business analyst with the desire to learn how internal manufacturing and production teams support a rapidly growing high-tech software company. The attributes of the successful candidate are described here:
· Knowledge of different process innovation methodologies and their practical application.
· Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity and dedication to getting results.
· Ability to work collaboratively and without direct reporting authority; must be a team player.
· Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff.
· Excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills.
· Experience with creating process models is preferred.
· Experience with MS Office, Visio, Excel.
· Experience with Business Intelligence tools and methods is a plus.
· Experience with ERP or CRM applications is a plus.
· Experience with Microsoft Access is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.