Are you looking for an exciting new career? In order for our Airmen to complete their missions successfully, they need dependable, high-quality equipment and services at the right place and the right time. Responsible for securing and skillfully negotiating the acquisition of these necessities, Contracting Specialists help ensure our Airmen are well stocked with everything they need. Contracting Specialists expertly manage contracts for commodities, services, and construction to properly oversee the contracting process every step of the way. Hill Air Force Base Contracting Directorate intends to utilize Expedited Hiring Authority to fill vacancies for organic Contract Specialist positions.
Please read the information below and follow the instructions accurately if you are interested in applying for this position.
Contract Specialist Position Qualification Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen and at least 18 years of age
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree (or scheduled to complete your Bachelor’s Degree within the next 6 months and by the Entrance on Duty date)
- Minimum of 2.95 GPA
- Exceptional oral communication skills are a must. You should be able to orally disseminate information to individuals or groups, effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
- You should also possess strong written communications skills, so as to effectively produce documents in a clear, concise, and succinct manner.
- You must be a quick learner. The ability to understand, evaluate, and apply technical information acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience will be critical to your ability to perform standard procurement tasks for the award and management of contractual actions.
- Problem-solving skills are another key. You should be able to solve practical problems by choosing appropriately from a variety of mathematical and statistical techniques.
- You will need to demonstrate critical thinking skills, including the ability to recognize and analyze issues, conduct research, summarize results, and use sound business judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
Position Location: Hill Air Force Base (AFB), Layton, Utah
How to Apply:
The following documents must be submitted in separate files in PDF format and clearly labeled to all of the following individuals: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Please title your email “Contract Specialist Opportunity – Last Name, First Name”. Applicants who do not follow instruction and submit all of the following applicable documents may be eliminated from consideration.
- Provide a complete job history for the past 5 years to include your employer’s name (supervisor/manager) and current contact information for every job
- Please provide explanations for gaps in employment
- Please indicate if you are interested in part-time or full-time work schedules
- If applicable, please highlight any existing security clearance you have obtained (not required for application submission)
- Transcripts must be official and show the degree you completed and date of completion
- If you have attended multiple universities or colleges, please submit copies of all transcripts
- If you have completed foreign education, an Equivalency Evaluation Report from a US based credentialing evaluation service must be submitted
- If you are currently enrolled, unofficial copies of your transcripts will be sufficient until you graduate
Essay – In your own words, please answer this question: Why are you interested in the Contracting Career Field? Please describe why.
- Your essay response shall be no longer than 1 page, single space, one inch margins and size 12 font Times New Roman
DD214, if applicable
Latest SF50, if applicable
Application Deadline: Friday, 28 January 2022, 2359 MST
If you are selected for an interview, interviews are anticipated to be held at Weber State University, Davis Campus in Layton, Utah.
Special Note; “Department of the Air Force has implemented COVID-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14043. Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. Upon selection, you will be required to provide documentation proof as “fully vaccinated” prior to issuance of a firm job offer. Air Force will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exemption from this requirement.” More information on COVID requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.