Nutrition Product Development Internship – Erlanger, KY
After completing the acquisitions of WILD Flavors and Specialty Commodities Inc. in late 2014, ADM established its newest business unit in January 2015, Wild Flavors & Specialty Ingredients (WFSI). This is your opportunity to play an important role as part of an innovative, fast-growing, customer-oriented business within the world’s most admired global agribusiness. The WFSI internship with our Product Development and Applications group will focus on technical and scientific exploration in our Food, Beverage, and Color groups. The internship is 12-weeks in length and will begin with an intern orientation at our North American Headquarters in Decatur, IL. The ideal candidate would have food industry experience and a desire to work in a lab environment.
Responsibilities could include:
- Follows basic GMP, ISO Procedures, GLP, Safety, Lab Notebooks and/or other electronic record keeping tools.
- Executes batching, testing and simple to more complex adjustments or formula modifications of products/samples. May be required to participate in trouble-shooting activity.
- Executes standard sampling (Screen & Select) of finished products and flavors, flavor systems or specialty ingredients and may be assigned projects.
- Coordination of sample shipments with shipping department in accordance to customer/salesperson guidelines.
- Executes and maintains product retains for stability studies/troubleshooting on finished products, samples and/or flavors, flavor systems, specialty ingredients and retains.
- Completes work on time and accurately.
- Keeps laboratory stocked with raw materials, clean glassware, maintains equipment, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and continues to acquire ingredient and ingredient interaction knowledge.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and continues to acquire product processing knowledge.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required such as the maintenance of ISO Work Instructions.
- Pursuing a four-year degree in Food Science or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
- Verbal, writing and appropriate customer interaction skills.
- Analytical, problem solving and experimental design skills