About Hermitage Capital
Hermitage Capital is a leading and fast-growing private equity firm with over $1.2 billion AUM headquartered in Hong Kong with offices in Shanghai and NYC. Founded in 2017 by veteran investment bankers and investment professionals, Hermitage invests across the value chain of China’s enterprise technology and Internet sectors and is partnering with world-class entrepreneurs to create long-term value for the investors, portfolio companies and communities. Hermitage Capital’s active portfolio includes Tencent Music, SenseTime, Horizon Robotics, Airwallex, WeDoctor, Lufax, Ximalaya, Medlinker, ScaleFlux, XtalPi etc.
About the Role – Private Equity Associate Intern
We are seeking Private Equity Associate Interns to join our New York Office. This position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in cross-border Private equity investments. Interns will interact directly with senior team members across the U.S. and Asia and will learn how the industry works through firsthand experiences. The ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial, intelligent, competitive, and have a strong background in multi-cultural working environments.
- With Deep Software, Hardware, and Cloud experience
- That agrees that the people and the mission are more important than any job description
- With a desire to take ownership of work
- That has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- With an unending drive and a thirst to learn
- That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills
- With a history of high achievement, as demonstrated through academic performance and prior work or internship experience
- **Attention to detail
- Ability to work with teams and track business development (collect research, analyze industry trends)
- Bilingual – English & Mandarin
- Evaluate investment opportunities for their risks and possible returns driven by detailed financial analysis
- Actively participate in the due diligence process when evaluating investments and conduct comprehensive market research
- Prepare investment committee materials for the presentation of various investment opportunities
- Perform business, financial, and operational analysis across portfolio companies to support senior management decision-making and engagement with LP investors.
- Assist with ad-hoc special projects and support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and growth within the firm alongside executive leadership
- Create Microsoft Office PowerPoint Presentations and Microsoft Excel (Formulas, macros, charts, formatting, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of valuation methodologies
- Strong financial modeling & attention to detail
- Full understanding of financial statements
- Experience preparing detailed financial models and company business valuations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Effectively manages and prioritizes multiple projects
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- High level of professionalism, integrity, discretion, and good judgment
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, mathematics, finance, or economics, MBA degree is highly preferred but not required.
- 1-2+ years of related work experience in corporate development, financial services, M&A investment banking, or private equity is preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills